Looking for a unique and tasty appetizer to serve over the holidays? Here’s an easy and memorable treat to share at your next party! It’s both delicious and beautiful!
- 3/4 pound sushi quality tuna, diced
- I juice orange
- 1/4 cup Soy sauce
- Guacamole or avocado, diced
- Chipotle (crushed) sauce or canned chipotle peppers, very finely diced
- 1/3 cup Mayonnaise
- 2-3 Leeks, cleaned and sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- Tostitos scoops
- Combine the juice from the orange with the soy sauce to marinate tuna in a small bowl for about ½ hour (can refrigerate longer if you like)
- Sauté leeks in oil until tender and crispy, then set aside on paper towel to drain and cool
- Combine mayo with 1 teaspoon chipotle sauce (taste to check heat and add more if you like)
- Cut up avocado or use guacamole when assembling
Now here’s the fun part – assembly!
- Place 1 teaspoon of guacamole or avocado in a Tostitos scoop
- Nestle a couple pieces of tuna on the avocado
- Top with chipotle mayo and leeks
Tip: don’t assemble these too far in advance of your guests arriving as the chips could get soggy.
Rather, have fun assembling them at the kitchen island (which is where everyone hangs out anyway). Just have your ingredients ready and “wow” your guests with your agile assembly skills. It’s more fun than hibachi for your guests! Tip jar optional.
A huge thanks to my friend Veronica for not only making this for me, but also sharing her secret recipe with all the fabulous YHOB readers!
What a great idea! I love tiny bite appetizers, though I do find they go WAY too fast.