It all started with a fun gift idea for some diva friends… “everything but the booze” for some fun, peppermint holiday refreshments. I wanted to include some festive drink recipes along with the gift set so I did some intensive research and found these four pretty amazing recipes. Although I haven’t tried them all (yet), but these receipes look promising!
Now if you do try any of them, please report back (if you can still type and see your monitor clear enough) and let me know which one you tried. Or, if you have a winner you’ve enjoyed, please share with the rest of us!
(Note: to see the gift idea I put together for my diva friends, scroll to the bottom…but if you’re one of my diva friends expecting a gift…don’t peek!)
Without further adieu, here are my top four picks (it was supposed to be 3, but I couldn’t help myself):
Candy Cane Martini
With a domain like Candycanemartini.com, I expect this is a winner. It looks pretty good and simple to make!
- 3/4 oz Peppermint Schnapps
- 3/4 oz Creme de Cacao
- 1/4 oz Grenadine
- 1/4 oz Half & Half
- a splash of 7-Up
- In a cocktail shaker half filled with ice, combine peppermint schnapps, white creme de cacao & grenadine.
- Add half and half and top with a splash of 7-up.
- Garnish with a small candycane and enjoy! Fa la la la la…
Winter Wonderland Peppermintini
I really like this holiday delight from Girly-drinks.com because she seems pretty relaxed about measuring which puts me at ease because I’m terrible at measuring. It’s also fun to say.
This one is a little more work, but if you’re not drinking while you tend the bar, you should be ok.
- ~3/4 oz Peppermint Schnapps
- ~3/4 oz Creme de Cacao
- ~1/4 oz Grenadine
- ~1/4 oz Half & Half
- ~a splash of 7-Up
- 1 1/2 oz. (3 tbsp.) 80-proof vodka
- 2 tsp. Coffee-mate Sugar Free French Vanilla powdered creamer
- 1 no-calorie sweetener packet (like Splenda)
- 1/4 tsp. peppermint extract
- Optional Garnish: 1 small candy cane
- Place powdered creamer and sweetener in a glass.
- Add 1/4 cup warm water and stir to dissolve.
- Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice cubes.
- Add creamer mixture, vodka, and peppermint extract.
- Cover and shake well, until mixture is cold.
- Strain into a martini glass. If you like, garnish with a candy cane leaning jauntily on the rim.
Candy Cane Cooler
What cocktail isn’t pretty in pink! It’s a bit creamier (and not low calorie!), but sure looks good!
- 1 ½ oz. mint-infused vodka
- 1 TBSP crushed candy cane or peppermint candy
- ½ oz. Brandy
- ½ oz. Half and Half
- 1 whole peppermint stick or candy cane and mint sprig for garnish
Directions: Check out the video for the “how to” part
For those mindful of stubborn holiday pounds, here’s one you can feel good about from the blog For the Love of Food (Eat, Drink and be Merry. Without the guilt).
This smart choice only contains only 7 grams of sugar—including the candy cane. Sounds like a win-win to me!
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- Juice of 1 lime
- 4 ounces vodka
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 8 ice cubes
- 8 mini candy canes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- Combine juices, vodka, peppermint and 1/2 cup water in a shaker with ice.
- Shake vigorously (which I think counts as exercise) and strain into 8 shot glasses.
- Garnish with candy canes and mint.
Ok, here’s a little gift set I put together for my diva friends (you know who you are and you shouldn’t be peeking!)
The glass, peppermint rimming, peppermint stirrers and cocktail ornaments are from Crate & Barrel, and the amazing card is from Fifi Flowers.
Now it’s your turn…what is YOUR favorite holiday cocktail? Do share!!!!