“Happy Thanksgiving!” will be joyously uttered next week as friends and family get together to share a feast of thanks. The word “Thanks” is a very powerful word, and there are many wonderful quotes to help give it more shades of color. Here are some I will be adding to the bottom of my dinner menu which I print (in fancy font) and display at each place setting:
- “We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.” ~Thornton Wilder
- “On Thanksgiving Day we acknowledge our dependence.” ~William Jennings Bryan
- “We give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.” ~Author Unknown
- “Gratitude is the sign of noble souls.” ~Aesop
- “No One Diets on Thanksgiving.” ~Erma Bombeck
What other quotes mean “Thanksgiving” to you?